Hello!

I started this blog to upload my own photos so that i could participate in other photo blogs to submit to. Life has gotten in the way, as it does sometimes.

I like taking photos of a lot of things I find interesting.. mostly flowers. I also have another blog "Phlower Power" to show off my flower photos.

The Photo Blogs I submit to are in the sidebar. I hope I've piqued your interest.

Thanks for stopping by........

Jan 9, 2024

It's Been A Whole Year - I've Joined a Photo Club

I know.. I just lost my border! I'm borderless. Oh my! I must be free (don't fence me in)..........  I am happy, being close to my family. I still miss 'him' terribly. It's getting fewer and further between the memories that pop in and take me down that lane of sorrow. I try to smile, it was a perfectly happy and awesome time and, yet,  life goes on. 

 I joined a Photography Club and I am a very active member. I socialize with the group. I am enthusiastic about learning and doing all the assignments.. I go on most all the photo walks, and I have even scheduled one of our photo walks.  
I was a member of another photo club also. They are the premier photo club of Spokane.  My experience with going to several meetings and a year end social/display ... they say any ability is welcome. Well, I'm not a beginner and know more than some of them in the group, but this group is more for Pros than anything. They are quite sophisticated, or try to be. I don't know how to do that.  For as pro as they think, they aren't very organized. At least they don't answer their website emails. If a new member has a question... oh well. Signing up you're supposed to get a link to sign into the website so you can submit photos for the meetings..etc. Good luck with that! I knew the Pres. and Treasurer's email addresses, so I was able to communicate my problems. Otherwise.. I don't know how anyone could sign-up ... if they don't answer their web emails. 
Anyway, I dropped out of that club and I'm happy with our little group.  

There are several photo walks that I'll catch you up on the photos on here. 
Our first one of the year was The Finch Arboretum in the Fall.  We all showed up and I immediately lost the group I was with.  I walked over to the creek and when I turned around everyone was gone...I figured I'd meet up with them eventually.  This is the shot I took at the creek.. (there are more, but I'm posting my favorites.) 

And walking back to a little flower garden with some Fall flowers still in bloom. Of course, the bees were busy collecting honey for the cooler weather. 

Off I went to explore some of the bushes and flowering trees.  I came across an interesting bush with dark red coloring and some berries to boot! It's called Physocarpus Ninebark.  I never heard of it. But it's awesome.

I couldn't resist this Sumac. Well, at least I think this is Sumac. .. and, Oh Look!, it's my favorite flower, Cosmos in the background...

I see one of our people in our group and he's headed back home.. he says they're up around the bend......... I'll meander up that way and see if I can catch up to them. In the meantime, I've gotten caught up with the park's sprinkler system! I tried to make it look like fog....... it's more mist.. what do you think?
Meh? 

Someone was imaginative enough to place a bright leaf in line with the 'eye'....
I did not do this, it was already there, just waiting to be 'taken'. Minimalistic. 

Before I came back from the creek.. probably the reason I lost my group.. I crossed over and found a little garden area with a sweet little ornamental Maple tree.. with the sun shining right on it!!! A photographer's luck! 

And some mushrooms in the rock garden... 

Well, I decided I'd been 'missing' for quite enough time, so I photographed the trees along the way to find my people.  



Around every corner........I guess I should say 'beyond every stand of trees'...




I caught up with my friends.... 

And the Sun came out again........

Thank you,  for walking along with me today!  As you probably know,  just click on a photo and the viewer will open for you to see them a little bit bigger. 

~Ellen










No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, comment... Go for it...