Hello!

I started this blog to upload my own photos so that i could participate in other photo blogs to submit to. Life has gotten in the way, as it does sometimes.

I like taking photos of a lot of things I find interesting.. mostly flowers. I also have another blog "Phlower Power" to show off my flower photos.

The Photo Blogs I submit to are in the sidebar. I hope I've piqued your interest.

Thanks for stopping by........

Jul 7, 2010

Next 'Challenge' is - Personal Challenge

I've decided I need more experience with Photoshop Elements Editing. Not the basic editing.. contrast/lighting/red eye etc., but the artistic editing that I like so much, yet never seem to accomplish. I never seem to have the time! I'll be updating this post and adding my 'artistic challenges' as I finish them.
I best get started...
                                                                                                                                                                    

 Inukshuk Tin Type

This Edit was an easy one. I used the new Smart Brush Tool in PSE 8. Set to Photographic; Tin Type.  I turned down the opacity a bit on it.

Inukshuk is a Canadian Native Inuit 'road/trail sign'.  In simplicity, it says "some one was here" or "you're on the
right path".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Poudre Cache, CO ~ Before and After I used the Sky enhancement brush. I selected a few places in the sky reflection in the water also.  That's the only enhancement I did, but I think it popped out the other colors also, especially in the water.
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Sunset on Aug 3, 2010 ~  I HAD to enhance the sun in this shot.  This is how the sun looked when I took the picture, but the picture didn't render the sun the same.. it was very washed out. So I played around with Layers and Adjustment Layers to get it to the right color at least. I added some 'Glow' to make it look like the real moment.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, I missed the deadline, I think, to post my favorite "Edit" to the Challenge. Maybe next time. I was busy picking veggies, canning, and freezing. And it's hunting season now!

No comments: